Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Movie Review of the Month... or Year (ok, so I don't get out much!)

Elizabethtown
-
There are few movies that I actually go to the theater to see, but I have been waiting for several months for this one to come out and would have gone to see it opening night if it weren't for the fact that I was waiting to see it with my roommate who was out of town. Having said that, I was dissapointed.
The overall theme was good: there are things more important than success as defined by the amassing of wealth, namely, family, love, and life. There were a number of funny scenes, but just as many crude elements. This was not Kirsten Dunst's finest performance. She is not cut out to be a man chaser. Orlando Bloom, on the other hand, did a pretty good job as an average American (especially for a Brit). Unlike his other movies, there were plenty of good shots of him without costume make-up. =)
It's not a bad movie, just not worth the $9.50 I paid to see it. It is definitely one that you should wait to see on DVD, unless you just really want to see Orlando Bloom on the big screen. =P
I'd give it 2 stars (one for O.B. and one for the humorous elements).
-

No comments: