Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Memories... =)

I came across some PHC quotes that were sent to me last year around this time...

Dr. Stacey
...on his grading philosophy:
“How else did you lose your hair?” – John Grosjean
“Not the same way you lost your high grade.”
“If I say, “this paragraph is incomprehensible,” it doesn’t mean I despise you.”

...on military strategy:
What’s the point of having a big navy if you don’t shoot things?"

...on his previous employment:
“I used to teach Introduction to American Government to dumb kids at bad colleges.”

...on color:
"I can't even tell you what the color of my car is. It's not red; it's not orange. Some girl probably came up with the name!"

...on his students:
"Your feelings are irrelevant to me."
...on freshmen
“They really exist for our pleasure”

...on his neighbors:
“If you can’t love them, then move. That’s what I say.”
...on pop-quizzes
“I was thinking of giving a quiz today, but everyone showed up.”



Dr. Noe
...on freshmen:
"Freshmen have fragile egos. They crush like eggs."



Dr. Smith
...on children's stories:
"[the Three Little Pigs] is actually prejudiced against wolves. You've got to look for these things in children's stories. They corrupt them early."
"[the Three Little Pigs] is actually prejudiced against wolves. You've got to look for these things in children's stories. They corrupt them early."
...on diamond rings:
"Now I know that all you guys are not thinking about this, but an engagement ring is NOT a substitute for a glass cutter. Not that I speak from personal experience, or anything."

No comments: