Sunday, March 30, 2008

Pretty in Pink

While pink is not exactly my favorite color, I have to admit that DC is prettiest in pink. Cherry blossom season is the only time of year that actually think good thoughts about our nation's capitol. In general, the people here are not particularly nice... always in a hurry to be somewhere (I definitely include myself in that one!), the traffic is INSANE, every topic has political undertones even if you don't realize it (discussions on the weather have been known to turn into debates) and the Potomac is so disgustingly polluted here, it should not be allowed to be called a river (I don't see how the EPA can stand it)! All that aside, at the moment, DC is looking her best, and I have some pictures to prove it.

It is impossible to look at these branches of fluffy pinkness and not smile! =)

Even the walkway to the FDR memorial could be mistaken for the "pink way of delight" (for the Anne fans among us).

I'm not really sure what this little Japanese thing signifies, but it has something to do with the fact that Japan gave us all these trees over a hundred years ago. In any case, it is one of those things all the Japanes tourists crowd around to take pictures or, so since I got there before they all arrived, I figured I might as well get a snapshot of it too.

No comments: