Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A check in perspective

My little sister is a great one for lifting spirits and encouraging others to have a more optimistic outlook on life. She knew I was having a bad day yesterday, so when I got into work this morning, the following poem, quoted in North and South, was awaiting me in my inbox. I particularly liked the third verse (as you can probably tell from the way it is bolded).

That doubt and trouble, fear and pain,
And anguish, all, are shadows vain,
That death itself shall not remain;


That weary deserts we may tread,
A dreary labyrinth may thread,
Through dark ways underground be led;


Yet, if we will one Guide obey,
The dreariest path, the darkest way
Shall issue out in heavenly day;


And we, on divers shores now cast,
Shall meet, our perilous voyage past,
All in our Fathers house at last!
- R.C Trench

Thanks Sushi!

No comments: