Monday, August 25, 2008

Safe

Knowing clouds will raise up
storms will race in
but you will be safe in my arms
rains will pour down
waves will crash all around
but you will be safe in my arms

Castles they might crumble
dreams may not come true
but you are never all alone
because I will always
always love you
~ Plumb

I was having a rough day last week... seemed like nothing was going quite right, so I turned on the radio and started cleaning my room. The song In My Arms by Plumb came on the Christian station I had on (see lyrics above). I had never heard it before, but I found it very comforting, and more importantly, it was a great reminder to me that I can trust God in the little things because He has always been faithful to me in the big things. I do not think there was a single time while I was in Iraq that I feared for my life. It was like I could feel His presence around me, protecting me. Now that I am back in the States, I think I often forget that He is still always near me, watching over me and keeping me safe in His arms.

No comments: