Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Sometimes I Just Don't Know Why I Ask...

Guys not only do not know how to ask for advice, they also do NOT know how to give it... apparently. The following is an email conversation between me and a friend at work. I didn't think my question was all that difficult, but the answer was certainly not easy to get.

Me: Do you think it would be ridiculous to even try to go straight to NY from here? I REALLY don't want to drive in the rain/snow tomorrow morning =(


Him: You could try, but it's gonna be slow going I expect. But maybe not as slow as driving in the weather tomorrow. It's a crap shoot either way.


Me: That wasn't exactly helpful... I had actually figured that much out on my own }:-[ (that's my angry face)


Him: OH, you wanted help..................Ok, I cleared up the traffic for you. Good luck!!


Me: You are SUCH a BRAT!
I wanted your advice... I don't know why...?


Him: My advice was in the first reply I sent to you - I don't think, with the available information, that you can say which would be better. Hence, a "crap shoot." Tomorrow, the weather might not be as severe as predicted, and more people may go today trying to avoid it, but it could go the other way. Personally, I would leave at around 9 PM - probably miss most of the day's traffic and possibly beat the weather.


Me: Thank you. The last sentence was all that I was looking for =P


Him: It's still a crap shoot.

UGH!!!

No comments: