Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I'm not homeless!!!

I never actually was homeless (thankfully), but there was a point last week that I was pretty sure that is where my future lay... in the streets. As late as Thursday afternoon, I had no clue where I was going to go today (my lease is up today). But God, in His mercy, provided me with the most adorable apartment! After searching for two months for a place to live, I found it Thursday night, signed the papers within an hour of seeing it, and moved in yesterday. I just LOVE my new place. I am all on my own for the first time in my life, and it feels great. I guess that means it is actually time to feel grown up (I say that every time something in my life changes, but I never actually feel it).

The move began at 6 a.m. and did not end until 4 in the afternoon. Even then, I did not get all the boxes unpacked (I think I only have 4 left - out of 20 - so I guess I'm doing pretty well) because it was Memorial day and I went to a barbecue. =) I would not even done that well if it were not for my dear friends, C. & R.! They were absolute lifesavers!

I'm a little sore this morning, but I am not complaining... it's a good kind of sore - the kind that screams freedom.

No comments: