Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Gotta love...

Power outages, fire trucks (complete with blaring siren) outside your apartment at midnight, smoke detectors that are connected to your aparment's power source and feel the need to go off when reset (when the power comes back on), guys outside your window using the only form of language they know - pure billingsgate (got that word from my Google homepage =]) - to complain that it is too hot (without AC) and too boring (without TV) to stay inside.

I remember complaining about the guys at school when they would do stupid things during power outages - like singing "God Save the Queen" and "The Star-Spangled Banner," or running around the dorms with their flashlights, making all kinds of noise that disturbed my sleep. I thought about it last night as I tried to fall to sleep, and I realized that what had seemed like such a trial at the time, had become a memory that made me smile in spite of myself. I should remember this in the future when I am quick to complain about something...

No comments: