Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I can't help finding this ridiculous

I got a kick out of my coworker yesterday. She is moving today, and was lamenting the fact that she would probably have to have an exhorcism performed on her new house. I'm hoping she was not serious about that, but one never know when talking to her...

I asumed this was not really a big deal... until I started reading the Drudge Report headlines, and saw things like "30-YEAR MORTGAGE AT 6.66%" and "Hell, Mich., Heats Up for Party..."

Suddenly this so called "devil's day" is beginning to feel like Y2K pt II.

Some fear the date 06/06/06, which falls on Tuesday, signifies 666, the Biblical number of the Devil, and will usher in calamities and even the end of the world.
Some people really give the devil (and themselves) far too much credit.

We believe that the plans the enemy has for this date (June 6, 2006) will be destroyed through violent worship and praise.

I'm just really surprised that so called Christians are getting worked up about this. Every day is a "day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." ~ Psalm 118:24

No comments: