Friday, April 06, 2007

Who Says You Can't Go Home?!

This song came on the radio this morning as I was driving to work. It seemed appropriate for the day, so I thought I'd post it. =)

I spent 20 years trying to get out of this place
I was lookin' for something I couldn't replace
I was runnin' away from the only thing I've ever known
And like a blind dog without a bone
I was a gypsyu lost in the twilight zone

I hijacked a rainbow and crashed into a pot of gold
I've been there, done that, I ain't lookin' that
The seeds I've sown, saving dimes, spending too much time on the telephone...
Who says you can't go home...

Who says you can't go home
There's only one place that call me one of their own
Just a hometown boy, born a rolling-stone, who says you can't go home
Who says you can't go back, been around all around the world and
that's a matter of fact
There's only one place left I want to go, who says you can't go home

I went as far as I could, I tried to find a new face
There isn't one of these lines that I would erase
I left a million mile of memories on that road
And every step I take I know that I'm not alone
You take the home from the boy, but not the boy from his home [or girl as the case may be] =)
These are my streets, the only life I've ever known, who says you can't go home
~ Bon Jovi


Yay! I'm headin' home today (ok, so it's only for a weekend, but it's still home... I get see my peeps)!!!

No comments: