Monday, September 10, 2007

I try so hard not to be a ditz

and yet I still manage to do and say SO many STUPID things! Today's ditzy moment was rather embarassing, but it was also pretty funny (I had to laugh), so for your amusement I will share my short story. I was at a class with a bunch of military/defense contractor types. We had to fill out a bunch of forms and sign a ton of papers. Well, the third "sign-in" sheet that went around had a list of names with numbers next to them. I filled in my name and cell phone number in the appropriate spaces and passed it on to the next student. The class continued and I did not think about it again until... one of the instuctors came into the room asking for me. And, in front of the whole class, announced that I had written in my cell phone number instead of my social security number. OOPS! Well, everyone in the classroom got a good laugh at that one. I am now known as "the cell-phone number girl." I suppose there could be worse reputations (not that I can think of any right now...).

No comments: