Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ancient glass and memories

Walking along the beach today, I noticed a piece of "ancient glass" (for those of you unfamiliar with the term, it is broken glass that has been in the ocean long enough to have lost all it's sharp edges and take on a frosted look). I picked it up and was disappointed that is wasn't all that antient after all, besides, I always collected it for Grandpa and he won't be there when I get home anyway. My eyes filled with tears at the thought of it. I threw the glass aside and continued walking, but as I walked I continued to think of Grandpa and all the fun times we had together at the beach. I decided I wanted that glass after all. I turned around and went in search of it. I did manage to find it again; this time I picked it up and put it in my pocket. When I was little, I thought ancient glass was actually worth something, now I know that the memories are worth more than anything I could possibly collect.


Memories are just where you laid them
Drag the waters, till the depths give up their dead
What did you expect to find
Was it something you left behind
Don't you remember anything I said when I said:
Don't... leave love bleeding in my hands
~ Fuel

No comments: