Monday, February 11, 2008

Going back...

I remember how excited my co-workers were when they were getting ready to go home after completing their time out here. I, however, have been unable to muster up much enthusiasm. For me, going back to the states is not going home. There is only one state out of the 50 that is home for me and that is not where I am headed (unfortunately). One of my co-workers played Chis Daughtry's Home every single day for the ten or so days leading up to his departure. I looked up the lyrics for old times' sake...

I'm going home,
Back to the place where I belong,
And where your love has always been enough for me.
I'm not running from.
No, I think you got me all wrong.
I don't regret this life I chose for me.
But these places and these faces are getting old
So I'm going home.
Well I'm going home.

Yeah... I'm not really feeling it. =(

Once again, there are just too many good-byes involved. I hate good-byes!

Maa'Salaama!

No comments: