Thursday, March 06, 2008

Wake Up

Have you ever wished you could just sleep for several days or weeks or months, to give a bad environment time to disappear? I know I have. Well, I got the chance to do just that. I entered my dream world in October of last year. It was called Iraq. All the bad things that went on at work and home were not a part of my reality (I knew about some of the bad things that were happening, but I could not process them as real). Those soporific five months were great (in actuality, very little sleeping took place during that time)! I wish they could have gone on a lot longer. Unfortunately, the return to the real world was much worse than I expected. Very little has changed and all the changes that did occur in my abscence have not been good. Life was not always perfect in my dream world, but I knew that it not be long before I would have to wake, which made the bad bearable and the good something to be cherished forever. In the real world I do not have that luxury. There is no waking up... just the desire to slip back into my world of make-believe.

No comments: