Thursday, September 25, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GOOGLE!!!

Anyone who knows me, knows I am a HUGE Google fan. Initially, I was attracted to the name... when C. and I were little we used to argue (as sisters are wont to do) and it would go like this:
Me: is too
C: is not
Me: is too
C: is not times a million
Me: is too times a googol!
C: is not times infinity!
Of course, C. always won (that was pretty much a foregone conclusion anyway), but my point was that the concept of a number with 100 zeros was something I found intriguing as a child and the fact that it had a name was even cooler, so when Google the search engine came out, I used it because I liked the name and then quickly decided it was my favorite search engine, however, as time went on Google took on a life of its own. I was soon using Blogger, Picasa, Google Maps, Google Photos, and a number of their other applications. On one hand, it is kinda hard to believe that Google has been around for ten years already... on the other, it is hard to even remember what life was like pre-Google!

So, Google, here's to ten great years and wishing you many more. =P

No comments: