Friday, December 04, 2009

My New Hobby

kind of...


Mother decided she wanted a wreath and so collected stray branches while we were at the Christmas tree farm. I had never made a wreath before, but Mom has this belief that I can do ANYTHING... so I was not about to disappoint her! We went to the hardware store and bought some thin wire, then collected holly leaves and berries from the neighborhood, along with a few pinecones, proceded to raid the house for bows, ribbon, glitter, and glue, and went to work.

Mom cut branches into workable pieces as I bound them together with wire and forced them into a circle-like shape. We reinforced our wreath by wiring stronger branches along the backside, and tada! A pine branch circle. =)

Mom added glitter to the pinecones and leaves while I wired the various decorations into place. The result: a fabulous Christmas wreath on the front door!

We were so pleased with it, we made a second one for Grandma.

My family is now teasing me about having found my new career. =) As much fun as it was, I don't think my hands to take all the poking pine needles long-term. They are pretty much "to'e up" as it is!

1 comment:

mogispie said...

cool! oh and i like your anchor, with help i made an anchor mosaic exactly like that in our swimming pool just over a year ago :D