Wednesday, May 11, 2011

FOAMHENGE

You may think it a typo or somekind of mistake, or you might even just assume I am plain ol' crazy, but no... there is an actual place in this world called Foamhenge, and I have been there (and lived to tell about it!).



I was in middle-of-nowhere, VA, when out of the blue, sign appeared! C. and I HAD to check it out. =)




Lo and behold, we found what looked an awful lot like Stonehenge, but without the stones.




It was truly made entirely of styrofoam! Who would think to do such a thing? Funny you should ask. His name is Mark Cline. He is apparently some kind of artist, and based on some his projects (and the sign he posted), I'd venture to guess he is a little off his rocker.



Here is the aforementioned sign. I thought it quite amusing (but sad that he had to post such a thing at all - where is respect for other people and their property?!?!?!?!).



Here is a comic strip that mentions Foamhenge. This was a reprint that was posted on a bench near the psuedo-historic site.

No comments: