Friday, July 14, 2006

HAPPINESS!!!

My lil' sister is visiting me. =) I picked her up last night, and she will stay with me until... well, until she gets bored of staying with me, I guess (that really should not take very long, considering she is stuck in my little apartment while I am at work).

We celebrated the S-came-to-visit holiday night last, and had so much fun! It began with dinner at Ruby Tuesdays; we drank more lemonade than I care to remember! First we had strawberry lemonade, then I got blackberry and S. got kiwi, then S. got cherry and I got passion fruit (they were free refills) . They were all quite good, but all the lemonade filled us up so much, we couldn't even finish the delicious turkey burger we ordered.

After dinner, we walked to the mall and shopped... and shopped...and shopped - oh, and looked for restrooms (after all that lemonade =]). We looked at the little stuff-your-own-bears... they were just too cute! Neither of us had anyone to buy them for, but we enjoyed looking all the same. Then we went into VS and bought some yummy smelling fragrances. I think the salesperson there thought I was S' mom! I asked S what she wanted and the lady said "I wish my mom would come here and ask me what I want." Too bad she doesn't have a big sister. =P

From there, we went to Limited 2. I had never been in that store before (considering it's a kids clothing store, I guess that would make sense), and let me tell you... their stuff is TOO cute!!! If I was rich, I would have bought everything! Instead, I settled on a GORGEOUS skirt and 2 simply darling belts (they were buy one, get one free - I couldn't resist...ok, so I didn't try to resist).

After that, I stopped spending money and we just window shopped. Eventually, we made our way back to the car and drove an hour and fifteen minutes back to my place, chit-chatting, and listening to my mp3 player the whole way. The whole time I drove, I just kept thinking, "when did S grow up?" I hate that I missed so much of her childhood. But I am very thankful that she is allowing me to have a relationship with her now. She is so much fun to be with!

No comments: