Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The irony and the evil of it all

As I'm driving into work this morning, traffic came to a stand still right before a highway exit (this happens frequently at that particular spot even at 5:30 in the morning, so I was not surprised by it). I was watching in my rear-view mirror, hoping the car behind me was paying attention to my break lights. He was. He slowed down and then moved into the left lane to get out of the line of traffic. I was immediately irritated with him, instinctively knowing that he would cut back into the line of traffic at the last minute. He did not disappoint me. I decided it wasn't worth the energy it took to be annoyed with him, so I continued singing along to my radio and put the incident out of my mind. I mean, it's not like I was not going to be late for work or anything. As it turns out, neither was he. I pulled into the parking lot seven minutes later, and parked in my usual spot. Lo and behold! Who is parked right next to me?! The little red car that has no sense of driving etiquette! He's just chillin' and beep boppin' to his music, still sitting in his car. I'm so glad he rushed to work because there is no way he would have had time to sit out there in the dark before going inside to put in his eight hours if he had waited the minute it took to wait behind me in traffic! He was still sitting in his car when I entered the building. I took one last look at the little, red, sporty car, and thought to myself, I will laugh if he gets stuck in the snow that is expected later on today. Is that evil?

No comments: