Monday, May 21, 2007

Why I love "Bones"

The interchanges between these two are just so amusing! =)

Brennan: Did you know that there is credible theory that singing came before language?
Booth: Yeah, it’s called humming. Why are they sending us to a shrink?
Brennan: Maybe it’s because you keep hitting people.
Booth: Who’d I hit?
Brennan: My father.
Booth: Your father hit me first!
Brennan: You could have pulled out your gun and said, “stop in the name of the law.”
Booth: What am I, a Mountie? Maybe it’s because they think I need a rest from you.
Brennan: Physically or intellectually?
Booth: Ha-ha No. Neither of those. I can totally keep up with you. *Grunt* You are not what you’d call an easy woman.
Brennan: Thank you. Obviously.
Booth: No, I didn’t mean – you see? Do you see how much effort this is?
Brennan: You shouldn’t have taken out your frustrations with me not being “easy” on my father!
Booth: Look, I am sorry that I hit your father. But to be fair, he resisted arrest, and I thought hitting him was better than shooting. And if singing came before speech, what did they do, go la la la?
Brennan: No, because “la” is speech.
Booth: No. "La" is not a word. It's a sound. You can’t use it in Scrabble.
Brennan: In France “la” means “the.” You can use it in French Scrabble.
Booth: This is the USA. “La” is not a word, and this will never be France!
Silence
Brennan: *Sighs* Thank you for not shooting my father.
Booth: *Smiles* You’re welcome, Bones.

No comments: