Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Narnia: Prince Caspian



In my family it only takes doing something once for it to become "tradition" (I don't make up the rules... that would be my youngest two siblings). So, as tradition would have it, on Saturday I went with my family to the movie theater to watch the second Narnia movie to come out on the silver screen. Unlike with the hyped-up Indiana Jones, I was not disappointed with Prince Caspian. The soundtrack was very similar to The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which I LOVED! The scenerey was absolutely breath-taking! I have long wanted to visit New Zealand, but this movie has REALLY given me a desire to go. (As a random side-note, parts of the movie were also filmed in Poland, Slovenia, and the Czech Republic, which I never would have guessed if I hadn't looked it up). And Prince Caspian (Ben Barnes) was super-cute, with an alluring Spanish accent, making him a perfect prince. =) My younger siblings loved the fighting scenes, while one of my favorite scenes was the reappearance of the White Witch... in a block of ice. The movie strayed a little from the book, but remained close enough that the general moral of the story was unchanged. Would I recommend it? Absolutely.

No comments: