Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Justice prevails...

President Bush could have commuted the death sentence of Ronald A. Gray, a former Army cook convicted of multiple rapes and murders. But Bush decided Monday that Gray's crimes were so repugnant that execution was the only just punishment. Bush's decision marked the first time in 51 years that a president has affirmed a death sentence for a member of the U.S. military. (click here for full article)
Now, I love our military. And anyone who knows me can tell you that I have a special affinity for the Army thanks to my time in Ramadi. But there are some people, regardless of job title, who just do not deserve to live because of all the lives they have ruined. It may sound callous, but I do not think capital punishment is utilized often enough in this country. So, hats off to the President for actually making the hard decision and allowing the just punishment of one who destroyed the lives of multiple innocents!

No comments: