Saturday, November 21, 2009

Movie Review: The Blind Side


It's been a while since I've done a movie review on here and that is because there have been so few good movies out there. The Blind Side was a pleasant change from that. It was just an all around great movie. Based on the true story of professional football player, Michael Oher and the family that changed his life, it is both touching and uplifting. It brought me close to tears, and yet kept me laughing. I would definitely have to say it is the best movie I have seen in 2009! I now have a new favorite sports movie (it used to be Remember the Titans - still a close second). It portrays Christianity lived out. Don't get me wrong, it is not a Christian movie. Some people may actually be offended by some of the cursing, drug use, and violence in the movie. However, that aside, the focus is on the Tuohy family, the way they opened their home and their hearts to a poor boy from the wrong side of town, and the ways they changed each other along the way. It is a truly sweet story that leaves you with a feeling of happiness and good-will, and a belief that kindness still exists on earth.

No comments: