Saturday, February 06, 2010

Some Desires are Better Left Unmet

While walking along, I could not help but notice the abundance of couples. The were everywhere I turned... under snow-covered branches...


under umbrellas...















walking their dogs...


yeah... just about everywhere. It made me kinda miss a certain person and wish he were out there with me, enjoying this winter wonderland - that is until I noticed a lady with her crazy uncontrollable dog. I thought to myself, "that does NOT look like fun. If I had a dog like that, I'm not sure I would take him for walks." That got me thinking about how we all look at the good things and want them (like lady probably saw people walking their well-behaved dog and decided she wanted one), but sometimes reality doesn't turn out like that. Not that I am comparing that certain someone to a dog, but I know that if he were actually there with me, it would not be like the cute couples I saw around me. I would probably be running for my life, dodging snowballs, or trying not get pushed into the nearest snow drift. I would be like the lady with the crazy dog wondering why I thought that was a good idea. Such is life for some of us. =P

No comments: