Saturday, February 06, 2010

They call it "the Blizzard of 2010," but I call it...

BEAUTIFUL!!!



After we cleared the walkway and dug out the cars (not that we will be taking them anywhere soon!), I decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood and see how the snow had transformed this already adorable town.

Old Town was seriously made for snow. All the quaint light-posts and old fashioned store fronts just looked like something straight out of a Christmas card.


There were a lot of people out on King St. I was a little surprised, but I guess they were all as tired of being cooped up as I was. There were people cross-country skiing, dog walkers out with their canine companions, families, towing little ones behind on sleds, couples holding gloved hands, enjoying the glittering ambience of whiteness that had descended overnight. Everyone was in a good mood, myself included. Despite my self-proclaimed hatred of the cold, I could not help but be mesmerized by the beauty surrounding me. Simply too beautiful for words.


This one cracked me up! Someone went to a LOT of work to dig out this Mini Cooper... I'm not sure why, though, because it is not like it is gonna go ANYWHERE on roads like this! =P


Once again, the beauty of the snow on the branches above me left me completely and utter speechless (quite the fete!)

No comments: