Sunday, April 02, 2006

Education is Not the Key

While listening to my favorite Christian apologist last night, I was struck by something he said. I am not quoting word for word because I do not rememeber the exact quote, but it went something like this:
Christ did not come into the world to make bad people good; He came to make dead people alive.

Then he went on to say:
If you find a man stealing nuts and bolts from a railway track, you do not give him an education; when he comes back he will steal the entire track.

I think he made a really good point! The problem with mankind is not his lack of education, but his sin nature. Until Christ makes him a new creature, all the education in the world (even an education in ethics) will only make him a better sinner, not a good person.

No comments: