Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Only During Thunderstorms, Sir.

So thunderstorms were Fräulein Maria's memory eraser. We all have them - those circumstances that somehow make all orders null and void. For me, it is the camera (this is a dangerous thing since I am almost never without my camera). I will do just about anything for a good photo op. =) This gets me in trouble some of the time, gets me some very quizzical looks from passers-by, but I continue anyway. I have an entire collection of photos, depicting me, or whoever was with me at the time, climbing rocks next to a "do not climb rocks" sign, standing just beyond the "authorized personnel only" sign, sitting on the guardrail, beside the "do not sit on guardrail" sign, or lying on the ground with the "caution: wet floor" sign in view. I'm not sure why I get such a kick out of these pictures, but I do, and so when my Captain Von Trapp comes along and asks me "do you or do you not have trouble following these simple instructions?" I will have to continue with my lame excuse when trespassing: "only when I have a camera, sir."

No comments: