Tuesday, November 28, 2006

If I could just see you tonight

As you could probably tell from #1 on my hit-list, the ride home for Thanksgiving was anything but easy. It took me 2.5 hours to go 13 miles. It is enough to drive a person crazy! After about an hour an a hlf, I noticed a specialty license plate that helped me change the direction of my thoughts (which were headed nowhere good). The camera came out and I was able to amuse myself for the remaining hour of stop and go (more stop than go).

At 2:00 a.m. I was finally at a point where I could see what the big hold-up was: roadwork!

Yeah, DELDOT decided to close 3 lanes of traffic on a 4 lane highway on the day before the busiest travelling holiday of the year. Who makes these decisions?!

At 4:00 a.m. I was crossing the Varazano Bridge (what a wonderful sight!). I had been up for almost 24 hours straight and I was very near delerious. All I wanted to do was make it home and crawl into bed, which I did at 5:00 the morning before Thanksgiving.

It was all worth it in the end just to be home with my family for Thanksgiving!

Making my way downtown
Walking fast
Faces pass
And I'm home bound

Staring blankly ahead
Just making my way
Making a way
Through the crowd

And I need you
And I miss you
And now I wonder....

~ Vanessa Carlton
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: