Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Only Hope

I am a bit of a Relient K fan (ok, fanatic might be a better word to describe me) and have been listening to some of their songs on Playlist.com (my all-time favorite website... well, maybe second to Google =]) and came across the song entitled, "When I go Down." I had not heard it before yesterday, but decided immediately that I really like the lyrics... they fit how I often feel. Here are some of the words (approx. half of the song):

Any control I thought I had just slips right through my hands
While my ever-present conscience shakes its head and reprimands me
Reprimands me
Then and there
I confess
I'll blame all this on my selfishness
Yet you love me
And that consumes me
And I'll stand up again
And do so willingly

You give me hope, and hope it gives me life
You touch my heavy heart, and when you do you make it light
As I exhale I hear your voice
And I answer you, though I hardly make a noise
And from my lips the words I choose to say
Seem pathetic, but it's fallen man's praise
Because I love you
Oh God, I love you
And life is now worth living
Only because of you
And when they say that I'm dead and gone
It won't be further from the truth

When I go down
I lift my eyes to you
I won't look very far
Cause you'll be there
With open arms
To lift me up again
To lift me up again


~ Relient K

No comments: