Friday, February 12, 2010

Oui, Oui!


Thanks to the seemingly unending snow, I have spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen. One of the things I decided to tackle was French Onion Soup. I had never tried it before, but we had a bag of onions and left over beef stock in the fridge, so it seemed like a good idea. I looked up several different recipes and realized that they all called for some kind of wine or sherry. Since we had neither in the house, we made an emergency trip to Trader Joe's in the storm, picked up some white wine and French baguettes (also got some fire wood while we were out), and I was set. The whole process took a little longer than I had expected (2 hours in all), but it was more than worth it! There is really nothing better than some hot soup, a fire, and a good movie to help weather a blizzard! =)