Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Winter for the History Books

As a lover of history, I have always wanted to be in the middle of a historical event. What I am quickly learning is that history is more romantic in hind-sight. Once you can look back and analyze what happened, how it happened, and the events that led to it, it is exciting - it is history. Until that point, it is simply life. I have been a part of historical events. I have witnessed some amazing things, but they passed by quickly and their significance only dawned on me after the fact. Now, we are in the middle of the craziest winter this area has ever seen, and all I can think about is the fact that I am going stir crazy! I just want the snow to end. I want to be able to come and go as I please, without having to deal with digging my car out or bundle up in snow gear. It may be historical - momentous, even - but I am ready for it to be over...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I agree! Summer can't come soon enough...and I don't live anywhere near the snow!