Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Prince Among Men, and Charming too!

There are those individuals you meet in life, who are almost redemption for all the rest of the people you have to deal with on a daily basis. I often have a hard time thinking well of men. I feel like every time I turn around I am faced with another loser man doing what you would expect loser men to do... everything from standing up a sweet girl, to beating up a girlfriend within an inch of her life, to cheating on his wife, or abandoning his children without a thought of ever paying child support. Yes, I have met men like this... far too often. These are the things that make me cynical (if I am indeed cynical as I have often been accused).
But every time I talk with my sister and hear about her sweetest of all men, my faith in the male gender is renewed (that is NOT to say I trust men, but at least I know there are good ones out there). I could not have found a better guy for my sister if I had tried. If perfection existed, I think he just might be it. He is gentle and kind. He was patient when she wouldn't give him the time of day (he was interested in her months before she came around... and I sat back and watched, rooting for him). And there is just a sweetness about him. Every time I see them together, his adoration for her is so evident... I could not be more thrilled for them both!

No comments: