Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I Should Have Been a Photographer!

I am not saying that I am any good at photography... it is just that I am never happier than when I am behind a camera lense (notice, I did not say "in front of the camera!"). I spent a lovely afternoon yesterday biking around DC and taking pictures. It was the most beautiful day ever and with all the flowers in bloom, I could not pass up the photo-op! =)


The FDR Memorial

I had to sit on the ground, next to a garbage can to get this shot... the funny
part was when an entire school showed up and I did not notice it because I was
so involved in getting the perfect shot. When I finally got up and turned
around, I realized I had quite the audience. =P


Just beyond the FDR Memorial

I could not pass up this picture! I was walking by and noticed the way the sun just lit up the Azaelias (I'm sure that is not how it's spelled...) and Japanese Maple. It was a postcard, just waiting to be photographed!


The World War II Memorial

I love the WWII memorial! Such a great addition to the Mall!

South side of the Mall

After riding around the reflecting pool in front of the Lincoln memorial, I was headed back to my apartment and had to stop at the memorial to our armed forces. I will post some pictures of the memorial itself... eventually. Posted by Picasa

No comments: