Friday, August 24, 2007

The excitement continues...

Yesterday morning was driving with night vision goggles. It is the trippiest experience I have ever had in my life! Besides the fact that it was already pitch black out, we were driving in the middle of the woods, effectively shutting out what little light there was in the night sky. There were times when I thought for sure I was head straight for a bush, instead of the open road I was on. I did come close to hitting a tree, but thankfully, there were other people in the car and they saw the tree before I did. =)
In the afternoon we learned how to ram through cars and do J-turns. I have always wanted to learn how to do a J-turn!!! But when it came down to it, I was scared (surprising, considering how much I love to drive and general lack of fear in cars). My first try was a miserable failure! =( But if at first you don't succeed... =) I tried6 or 7 times more, improving with each one. I would not consider myself proficient by any means, but I think if it came down to it, I could certainly execute a fairly successful J-turn.
Today was driving in hostile conditions... uh, I'll leave it at that. =) We got some great video footage, so maybe if you are really nice to me, I'll let you see it. =)

No comments: